- 1 c. raw cashews, rinsed
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 4 c. water
- 3 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 1 Tbsp. Earth Balance margarine
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 package fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp. McKay’s vegan chicken seasoning
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. Vege-sal
- 1 clove fresh garlic, sliced
- 1/2 c. Vegan parmesan-style cheese
- 1 lb. cooked whole grain pasta or rice
- In large skillet, add margarine, onions, peppers, mushrooms, garlic, Vege-sal and chicken-style. Sauté on medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a blender, combine cashews, 1 cup water, salt, onion powder and arrowroot powder. Blend on high until cashew mixture is smooth.
- Pour over vegetables, adding the remaining water and parmesan-style cheese. Simmer on low heat until thick and creamy. Pour over pasta and serve hot.