- 3/4 c. adzuki beans, soaked overnight
- 1 1/3 c. bulgur wheat
- 2 c. vegetable stock
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp. egg replacer
- 3/4 – 1 c. dried breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. mild curry powder
- Cook adzuki beans until soft. Drain and set aside. Cook bulgur wheat in vegetable broth and set aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until soft, adding the coriander, cumin and curry powder.
- In a medium bowl, mash beans with a potato masher. Stir in bread crumbs, then bulgur wheat.
- Add egg replacer and a little water, if necessary. Stir in onion mixture.
- Form into balls and place in oil-sprayed baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for about 1/2 hour.