- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp. canola oil
- 8-10 Tbsp. ice water
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard seeds
- 1½ tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 c. carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. frozen petite peas
- 1 c. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 8 c. potatoes, diced and boiled until tender
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk together flours and salt in a bowl. Stir in oil until clumps form.
- Add 8–10 tablespoons of ice cold water 2 tablespoons at a time, until dough holds together. Shape into a ball, cover with damp towel or plastic wrap and set aside.
- Stir together all spices in a bowl and set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic and sauté until onion is clear and vegetables are tender. Move mixture to the side of the skillet and add the spices.
- Toast for about 30 seconds and then stir all together adding the peas and broth to the mixture. Fold in the potatoes and season with salt to taste.
- Pour filling into an 8 x 12 x 2 ½” casserole dish that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray. Roll out dough to fit top of casserole dish and carefully place on top.
- Crimp edges with fingers and make a couple of slits in the top with a knife to vent steam while baking. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 40–50 minutes until crust is golden.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.