- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 2 Tbsp. warm water
- 2 c. quick oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- ½ c. pure maple syrup
- 1½ c. almond milk or soymilk
- ½ c. unsweetened natural applesauce
- 1 c. fresh apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- In a small bowl mix the ground flaxseed with the 2 tablespoons of warm water and set aside to soak.
- In a medium bowl mix the oatmeal, baking powder, and salt. Add and mix in the remaining ingredients, including the softened flax seeds.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray and pour the oatmeal mixture into the dish.
- Refrigerate until ready to bake. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 25–30 minutes.