Sea Urchins are pretty tough to eat, but sea otters seem to have no trouble! Here’s a sea urchin you can make from edible fruits. Try it!
What you Need
- an orange
- raisins, craisins, or any other bits of fruit or dried fruit
What you do
- Take an unpeeled orange and cut it in half. Set it on a paper plate.
- Poke a toothpick through 3 or 4 raisins, then poke it into the orange.
- Repeat this with more raisins and toothpicks. Soon you’ll have a prickly “sea urchin!”
- Try this using tiny bits of fruit pieces, or dried fruit. Use your imagination and make your sea urchin unique! Makes a great desert treat.
P.S. Be careful with the toothpicks! They’re sharp!