Hey kids, have your mom or dad help you with this one, since its kinda messy. Have fun!
What you Need
- Old newspaper
- White paper
- Construction paper
- Gray Tempera Paint
- Black marker
What you do
- Spread out some newspaper (be careful not to get any paint on your mommy’s table or carpet)!
- Have an adult paint one of their hands with the grey paint, and then paint one of your smaller hands with it, too.
- Press your hand and all your fingers down onto a white sheet of paper, leaving a gray handprint.
- Leave it alone long enough to leave a handprint. Let it dry thoroughly, then cut them out and glue them side by side onto a sheet of construction paper. If you look at them upside down, they look like a momma elephant (the big hand) and a baby elephant (your hand).
- Using your magic marker, draw in their eyes, ears, toenails, and tail. You can also draw little “wrinkle” lines along the trunk (your thumbprint).
- Finally, draw in their elephant ears, and you’re done!