Aren’t penguins cute? Once you start making these little guys, you may want to make a half-dozen!
What you Need
- black pipe cleaners
- white pipe cleaners
- yellow or orange craft foam
- small googly eyes
- a few chunks of Styrofoam
What you do
- You can make two different sizes of penguins. To make an “adult-sized” penguin, first wrap a 12-inch black pipe cleaner around your pencil, then slip off the coil.
- Cut off a 2½-inch piece of white pipe cleaner and hook it over the top fourth coil, tucking the other end into the hole at the bottom.
- For the wings, cut a 4-inch piece of black pipe cleaner in half and make small hooks on both ends. Hook them to the fourth coil from the top, so that the white “stripe” goes down the front.
- Cut a small beak and feet out of your craft foam and attach them with a dot of glue.
- Add the small googly eyes, and perch them on a couple of chunks of Styrofoam “icebergs.”
- If you’d like to make some “baby” penguins, just cut the measurements by half.