Hey kids, wanna give Mom some “flowers” that will last a really long time? Try making her some Hand Lilies in as many colors as you can! These are fun, and she’ll love them because you made them with your own… hands!
What you Need
- construction paper (in as many colors as you can find)
- Scotch tape
- a pencil
- green straws (optional)
What you do
- Trace your hand and a little bit of your wrist on several different colors of construction paper.
- Cut out your handprint.
- Roll up each finger a bit on a pencil to create some curl, then lay your handprint so the curls are into the table.
- Pick up your handprint and wrap it around so the curls point slightly out, then tape it at the wrist section.
- Cut out some leaves from green construction paper.
- Add your flowers to a stem (a green straw or a tightly rolled piece of green construction paper) with tape or glue. If using a straw, the tape will stick better.
- Tape or glue a leaf to each stem.
- Make three flowers, or a multicolored bouquet and place them in a small vase for Mom!