Hey kids, check out this funny grinning alligator! Once you’ve made your own, stick it under a plant in the house. Do you think Mom will be surprised?
What you Need
- a long, skinny rock
- paint brush
- green craft paint
- two small green pom-poms
- some white felt
- scissors (pinking shears are easiest, but you can use any scissors)
- two googly-eyes
- craft glue
What you do
- Find a long skinny rock outdoors, and clean it up. Let it dry.
- Spread out some newspapers so you won’t make a mess, and paint your alligator rock green. You may need to apply a few coats to really cover it. Make sure to let it dry between coats.
- Glue a googly-eye to each of the pom-poms, then glue them to the top of the rock for your alligator “eyes.”
- Cut a ½-inch strip of white felt long enough to run all the way around the outside edge of your rock. (This will be your alligator’s teeth.)
- If you have pinking shears, use them to cut out your alligator’s “teeth.” If you don’t have pinking shears, don’t worry, just cut a jagged edge along one of the edges.
- Glue your alligator’s “teeth” into place.
- Stick your alligator under a plant so it looks like its head is just barely peeking out of the dirt, and watch the surprise on your Mom’s face when she sees your little critter!