Hey kids, check out these easy directions for making your own Chinese lanterns! Try making a whole bunch, and string them up in your room!
What you Need
- Colored paper (either construction paper, or maybe even gift-wrapping paper)
- Craft glue, tape, or a stapler
What you do
- Fold a sheet of paper lengthwise to make a long, thin rectangle.
- Make 12 or more parallel cuts through the folded edge, but don’t cut all the way through.
- Unfold your paper, then attach the short ends of your paper together with glue, tape, or staples, making a cylinder.
- Cut a 1/2-inch strip of paper that’s about 6 inches long and glue, tape, or staple the ends onto the lantern to make a handle.
- Make as many lanterns as you want, and string them up for a pretty decoration to your room!